Tuesday, November 24th, 2009
> Reduces stress, anxiety, depression & migraines
- Reduces sleep disorders
- Lowers cholesterol levels
- Increases calcium utilization
- Improves concentration & visual acuity
- Improves immune system function and cardiac output
- In addition, light reduces symptoms of SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), PMS, postpartum depression, and menopause.
Light is for Sales!
- Increases sales an average of 40% with 99% statistical certainty
- Reduces energy use of 30-40% with electronic ballasts
- Increases productivity
- Increases visual acuity
- Provides excellent color matching
Light is for Schools!
A two-year study in the 1990s by the Department of Education of Alberta, Canada, compared four kinds of light. Under full spectrum light, students:
- Learned faster
- Tested higher
- Grew faster
- Had 1/3 fewer absences
- Had 2/3 fewer cavities
A 1999 daylighting study by Pacific Gas and Electric showed that students tested 20% higher in reading and 26% higher in math.